Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog buildscripts/lilypond-logi...

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog buildscripts/lilypond-logi...
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:42:37 +0200

Op di, 19-04-2005 te 14:26 +0100, schreef Bernard Hurley:
> On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 15:14 +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> > > Should that not be an option?  lilypond-book has all the information
> > > about LILYPONDPREFIX, TEXMF, lilypond.map or the new -h fonts.ps,
> > > that would save a lot of bug reports?
> >
> > How would you deal with multiple LaTex runs for cross referencing,
> > makeindex, bibtex, and what-have-you?
> I think the idea is that it should be an _option_. But it would also be
> possible to have an option to run LaTeX more than once. E.g. --latex=3

I disagree with this idea. It means that we have to do error handling
and option processing for LaTeX, bibtex and everything between .lytex
and PS, which will be  a lot of work and a support headache. Not to
mention that people (especially now that we have .EPS support) might
want to run pdflatex instead.

Can't we focus on making the dvips invocation as easy as possible
instead? dvips now only requires

  -h foo.fonts.ps

What's so complex about that?

--