Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog buildscripts/lilypond-logi...

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog buildscripts/lilypond-logi...
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:18:03 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

>> > How would you deal with multiple LaTex runs for cross referencing,
>> > makeindex, bibtex, and what-have-you?

I guess that running dvips automatically is especially useful for
beginners, who probably do not need those tricks.

>   -h foo.fonts.ps
>
> What's so complex about that?

Is that a rethoric question?  The complexity is in the element of
surprise of course, this is different from what the latex user is used
to do and also different from what it was.

What about having lilypond-book print the dvips command to inform the
user, when using texi or latex input?  The TEXMF setting is no longer
needed, right?  The combination of TEXMF and dvips command prompted my
suggestion.

Jan.