Re: Another documentation issue

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Another documentation issue
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 05:54:45 -0700

On 13-May-05, at 4:44 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
If a user wants to see the internals stuff, he clicks on _Arpeggio_. The very first line tells him that Arpeggio objects are created by Arpeggio_engraver and Span_arpeggio_engraver; following those links will get him to arpeggio-event. We don't need a link to
arpeggio-event in the refman page about Arpeggios.

My worry is that encouraging people to find out thngs on their own in the program-reference on their own might also not be productive. If you think many links is confusing, than it would be best not to have them browse the internals page (with its many links.)

They don't need to "find" things on their own. The very first link on a grob page is a link
to grobEvent.

We want a link from the user manual to a useful part of the program reference. But grobEvent isn't very useful. Most of the time that somebody wants to look at the program reference, they want to see the grob's properties. If they need to find out what property the grob belongs to, they can click the grobEvent link from the
internals page about grob.

Having a link to grobEvent in the user manual isn't very useful, so IMO I should
get rid of them.