Re: Another documentation issue

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Another documentation issue
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:48:42 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:

On 11-May-05, at 6:13 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

This is a pedagogical problem. I don't know how many times I have
answered on the mailing list and instructed people to follow the
link at the bottom of the page, but how should then know which one
to follow?

True.  Besides, the fewer links there are, the more likely new users are
to follow any of them.  There _is_ such a thing as too many links*;
I'll bear that in mind when I start adding more @ref.

* or rather: there's such a thing as too many unknown links.  If the links
are self-explanatory (such as "a _Staff_ context contains _Voice_ contexts"),
it's good to have many.

I'm not sure. Embedding links inside a text decreases its readability, I favor your other proposal,

 Music expression: ArpeggioEvent
 Engraver: Arpeggio_engraver
 Grob: Arpeggio