Re: Another documentation issue

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Another documentation issue
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:06:17 -0700

On 19-May-05, at 7:48 AM, Stephen wrote:
For instance, in 5.7.4 Metronome marks, 'See also' points to MetronomeChangeEvent. Why not replace that with MetronomeMark? In the MetronomeChangeEvent page, I click on Metronome_mark_engraver and from there MetronomeMark.

Currently Metronome Marks is section number 8.3.1, and it contains MetronomeChangeEvent and MetronomeMark. I'm proposing that we eliminate the MetronomeChangeEvent and leave the MetornomeMark.

We write a program capable of producing sheet music, and adjust the format to be as lean as possible. When the format can no longer be trimmed down, by definition we are left with content itself. Our program serves as a formal definition of a music document.>

I wonder if all the developers are still on board with the goal of keeping the format 'as lean as possible'?

Sorry, I'm lost. Do you have any specific examples of un-lean format? Or of any of
your complaints?

I suppose that the leanest-possible format would look like bad perl code -- after all, why write "\new Staff" when we could use "&@" instead. So I'd say that we try to
be lean yet still understandable.  :)