Re: Sponsoring lilypond development Was Re: Score parts: instrument and

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: Sponsoring lilypond development Was Re: Score parts: instrument and duration
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 05:41:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Pedro Kröger wrote:

> Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > We could steal the users directly from there... But for this to
> > happen, we would have to reverse engineer the SCORE format.
>
> hum, it's a binary format right? I've forgotten that.

I once saw a program handling SCORE files which was not from the original
SCORE developer (I think it was something to output PostScript), and it
said that the whole format is made up of IEEE format binary floats. That
should help, together with examples.

Anyway, I am certain that people willing to input into SCORE will *love*
LilyPond, since it has a more intuitive syntax, and the output quality is
similar, if not better.

Ciao,
Dscho