Re: Illegal C++

From: Wiz Aus
Subject: Re: Illegal C++
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:50:36 +1000

We've come a long way to get LilyPond compiled for windows.
Currently, it can be cross compiled to cygwin and to mingw.  That took
quite some time and effort, but I'm quite pleased with the result.
There is no reason to build or develop [free software] on Windows,
when we have GNU/Linux at our convenience.

Convenience? I'm a programmer at heart, and believe me, I do occasionally
miss the many admittedly powerful tools that are available under linux.
But never yet have I felt the slightly bit compelled to choose to develop
under that platform. I'm sorry, but I like my GUI's, and my single keystroke
compile and debug cycles, and not to having to worry about which version
of which package is compatible with another and why this scripting command
works here and not there.   And I'm quite obviously not the only one.
I'm more than willing to contribue towards lilypond development, but I doubt
I would bother if I had to do it in a linux environment.

Access your Hotmail straight from your i-mode mobile http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fadsfac%2Enet%2Flink%2Easp%3Fcc%3DTEL175%2E16267%2E0&_t=751223833&_m=EXT