Re: Illegal C++

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Illegal C++
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:18:35 +0200

Wiz Aus writes:

> I'm sorry, but I like my GUI's, and my single keystroke compile and
> debug cycles, and not to having to worry about which version of
> which package is compatible with another and why this scripting
> command works here and not there.

Ah, if only Linux had a GUI!  And single keystroke commands, and sane
package management.  I guess we'll have to wait for 1996 for all that,
but I doubt it if we will ever see GUIs as fine as those on Windows.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could do something to help instead of just
having to sit and wait hoping that the next linux release fixes it all
for us.

This pretty much sounds like you and I both tried The Other System
once in 1995, and decided never to consider it again ;-)

> I'm more than willing to contribue towards lilypond development, but
> I doubt I would bother if I had to do it in a linux environment.

But seriously...

That sounds like a match!  We have had a vacancy for a Windows
developer for quite some years now.  Would you have any interest in
also taking over maintenance of my Cygwin packages?

Jan.