Re: Illegal C++

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Illegal C++
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:17:14 +0200

Wiz Aus wrote:

Um...no...that's how it registers all the different engravers/performers.
Without the change I made, it gives a Key_performer not found error
(or something like).
FWIW, the MSVC RTTI returns "class Key_performer" for the class name.

Yes, you're right. I noticed this later.

What/where are the building instructions for Win32? I understand it uses MINGW32, but the source I downloaded certainly doesn't have everything required to build, say, the lilypond-windows executable that comes with the install.

We cross-compile the .exe under Linux. Theoretically, you could build it under cygwin using, but that would be an -ehmm- interesting experience.

Using what sorry?  And why/where would you anticipate problems exactly?

You can build it under cygwin, this is possible but something of a hassle. The result is slower than the mingw build. It's also possible to x-compile to mingw under cygwin. That's a lot of work, since you have to cross-compile all dependent libraries under cygwin too.