Re: a new lilypond build failure

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: a new lilypond build failure
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:15:13 +0200

Thomas Bushnell writes:

>>> I'm glad that finally Debian users

>> Thanks!  Yes, that's great.  And don't forget the Ubuntu users.
>
> Well, I can't support everyone.  Ubuntu can copy Debian

That's what I meant, Ubuntu does copy Debian's LilyPond, so in effect

>, but I can't simultaneously handle that.

you already helped them too.

> Well, it's a dangerous thing.  Among other things, their version
> numbers might collide badly with the official Debian ones.  Best it
> should have different package names to prevent this sort of thing from
> happening.

Whe have this on our website, I think that Anthoy Fok provided
this recipe

  The build scripts are in the subdirectory <code>debian/</code>; you
  can make the .deb by doing

    tar xzf lilypond-x.y.z.tar.gz
    cd lilypond-x.y.z
    dpkg-checkbuilddeps           # print missing build dependencies
    # apt-get install ...         # install any missing packages
    dch -p -v x.y.z.local.1 "Local build."
    debuild

We could also just copy your ./debian stuff and change the name to
lilypond-snapshot and lilypond-2.6-snapshot or something?

Jan.