Re: setting the number of pages for a score

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: setting the number of pages for a score
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:28:29 +0100

Joe Neeman wrote:

  * The specification uses A j, k, n and m as variables.

Functions use start,end,sys_count,calc_subproblem as variables. Use the same naming for the specification as for the code.

Then the specification will become very long (and, IMO, more tedious to read). Would it be OK if I instead added a paragraph explaining the relation between the 2 notations? Since the spec just describes the algorithm, I'd like to keep the notation non-invasive.

that's a start.

There is a bug in do_solve (it calls get_solution with arguments in the wrong order). It's supposed to print a programming error and format it with 4 staves. But the use in paper-score is wrong, too.

Can you send a patch for it ?