Re: al niente / de niente - was Re: (no subject)

From: Erlend Aasland
Subject: Re: al niente / de niente - was Re: (no subject)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 14:32:14 +0200

Hi Trevor, and thanks for the scans! I did some work last night, and a new and better patch is attached.

I've renamed the property to circled-tip. Height and thickness is now read from the hairpin properties. The width of the hairpin is now modified when circled tips are used. I also use a circle drawing routine now (instead of the hack in the previous patch).

I'll take a look at the examples you sent and do some more work today. The n glyph is still the same as the previous patch.

Erlend

On 4/1/06, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
On 3/31/06, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 3/31/06, Erlend Aasland <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi
> >

> > On 3/31/06, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Yeah, you've definitely got the idea; the best examples are in scores
> > > of Sciarrino's recent music and I'll have time to dig through some
> > > this weekend and make a few small scans.
> >

> > Great!
>
> OK, here are two nice examples.
>
> The first is near the end of the second page of Sciarrino's 'All'aure
> in una lontananza' and the second is the very last bit of 'Come
> vengono prodotti gli incantesimi?'.
>
> Note, too, the use of back-to-back hairpins in the first example, with
> the 'niente' circle at the center.
>
> [While we're looking at the notation, I'd like to take a moment to
> plug these pieces: the complete set of Sciarrino's flute music is one
> of the most attractive, hypnotic bodies of work you can ever hope to
> find. The small motions that build up each piece come from a
> pleasantly, bewilderingly different number of directions, and the
> cumulative psychological effect of listening through any one of the
> pieces is, for me anyway, a disassociation with time that is almost
> total. Also the notation is really cool. Very much recommended.]

Also the attachments would help.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden