Re: al niente / de niente - was Re: (no subject)

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: al niente / de niente - was Re: (no subject)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 22:40:26 -0500

On 4/2/06, Erlend Aasland <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Trevor and Han-Wen
>
> I've split up the patch in two parts: a "haripin circle"-patch and a
> glyph-patch. Both are attached. I've also attached a (rather long) test case
> for the hairpin-circled.patch. I consider the hairpin-circled.patch to be
> ready for inclusion (the previous patch had many small bugs, but I'm 99%
> shure that this is a bug-free version). Back-to-back hairpins with the
> circle in the middle are supported.
>
> What do you think of the circle size. Larger? Smaller? Good enough?
>
> (The n-glyph is still the same as in previous patch, but I've attached it
> anyway.)
>
> Han-Wen: I this patch is ok, I'll send you a ChangeLog entry.

Hi Erlend,

I think you've got the sizing just right: the open circles look to
have essentially the same  diameter and weight as the open-string
harmonic circle, which is just right.

(I notice that the example at the very end of the first line is quite
large; I'm assuming this is just a proof to show that magnification
works correctly?)

(Also, nice job on the double hairpins joined at the open circle ...
your result actually looks more elegant than the examples in the
Sciarrino.)

Can't wait to try out the hairpins once you and Han-Wen finalize the code!

Trevor.
--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden