Re: doc branching

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: doc branching
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 01:55:09 -0700

On 5-Apr-06, at 12:45 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

5. Provide a unified documentation and mark features with a version
   number, say,

     This feature appeared in version 2.7.38.

   Ideally, such things belong into the margin, but...

I suppose that this is possible... but IMO this would completely clutter the manual with unnecessary info. I guess we could remove all feature-version numbers every time we make a .0 stable release... but I'm still not certain that this would be the best option.