Re: doc branching

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: doc branching
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:10:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Pedro Kröger wrote:
> > Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > Hmmm; part of the problem might also stem from using CVS, which
> > > doesn't have good cherry-picking for patches.
> >
> > would it be a solution to use darcs only for the manual? I know there
> > are some ways of syncing darcs and cvs, so maybe the doc stays in cvs
> > and Graham has a private darcs repository where he can create branches,
> > choose what patches should go where, and so on.
>
> If we go this route, we could better do it right immediately, and setup a
> bzr/darcs/monotone/git/etc. based infrastructure rightaway.

I am tracking the current lilypond repository with git. I could donate
this git repository (it is ca. 60MB at the moment).

I prefer git over the other alternatives: it is blazingly fast, *very*
portable (I gave up on porting darcs after a fruitless day), and
branching/merging is an easy operation.

Ciao,
Dscho