Re: changing the midi instrument; broken

From: Ted Walther
Subject: Re: changing the midi instrument; broken
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:29:18 -0700

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 08:50:31PM +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
\set Staff.midiInstrument = #"oboe"

I have tried it in the top level, and inside a \score section.  It
makes no difference; the resulting midi file always uses the default
grand piano.

Just as any other property setting that applies to a certain Staff, you
have to do the setting within the Staff context, for example:

\new Staff {
        \time 3/4
        \key d \major
        \clef treble
      \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"oboe"

That worked.  Thank you Mats!  If that isn't in the documentation on the
website, it would be helpful to put it in.

Is there a Debian-format repository where I can install the latest
stable version of lilypond using apt-get?

Ted

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 5690 Pioneer Ave, Burnaby, BC  V5H2X6 (Canada)
Contact: 604-430-4973