Re: Translated docs release

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Translated docs release
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:16:33 +0200

Le samedi 31 mars 2007 à 02:29 +0200, Francisco Vila a écrit :
> El vie, 30 de mar de 2007, a las 11:44:47 +0200, John Mandereau dijo:
> > Francisco, may you update the small change in the tutorial (get it with
> > 'make check-translation')?
>
> It doesn't work here, I'll search the commits for changes in this file.

If you cd into Documentation/,

  make ISOLANG=es check-translation

should work.  If it doesn't, maybe the committshes in translated files
are from master branch; in this case cd into top of the source dir and
do

  git fetch GIT-URL master:master

so that Git knows about committishes of the master branch.

> I'll be away from April 1st to April 6th.
>
> I don't know which file are these news in,

They are in news.ihtml/old-news.html, but making a patch too early
doesn't help, as the old items are moved from news.ihtml to old-news so
there are always 3 news items in news.ihtml.

>  but copying and modifying
> the web source from the last French entry I'd say this for the Spanish
> translation (HTML escaped):

Thanks, it's perfect in exception of the v2.10 link, so here is a
corrected version for the person who will add it to the news:

    <em><!-- fill actual date here -->1 de abril de 2007</em>
</dt>

<dd>Se han traducido la p&aacute;gina web, el manual de aprendizaje completo
    y la referencia de la notaci&oacute;n b&aacute;sica, y est&aacute;n
    disponibles en l&iacute;nea en la
    <a
href="../doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/index.es.html">versi&oacute;n
2.11</a>).
    Estas traducciones est&aacute;n incluidas tambi&eacute;n en los <a
href="install">paquetes
    para descargar</a>.
</dd>

It's possible to add translations to 2.10 though, in case you are ready
to play with two branches (you can switch branches with git-checkout)
lilypond/translation and stable/2.10, and if you don't mind
cherrypicking commits of your work from lilypond/translation to
stable/2.10, running check-translation and update (or downgrade if you
prefer) the translation to match the stable English docs.  This would be
a good Git exercise, and it's not too much work if English user manual
changes in master are regularly backported to stable/2.10 -- I used to
do this task until end of January, but have been recently out of time; I
plan to do it in the week after next week.

Cheers
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>