Re: Translated docs release

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Translated docs release
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:22:42 +0200

Le samedi 31 mars 2007 à 15:41 +0300, Till Rettig a écrit :
> John Mandereau wrote:
> > As the translated docs are (almost) ready to be released, I pushed
> > lilypond/translation to master (as I've regularly merged this branch
> > with master, there is in fact no point to use git-rebase).
> >
> it's obviously not yet built, but I am looking forward to seeing it
> working. :-) In my own built of the web docs the automatic language
> translation doesn't work, but this might be due to the fact that I
> didn't install the files...

No, the automatic language selection only works if the docs from
out-www/online-root are put on an Apache server with content
negotiation.  In the "offline" docs, you should keep browsing pages in
the same language (or in English for the untranslated pages, but going
back to the selected language as soon as the desired page is translated)
as soon as you select this language at the bottom of one page.

> > Francisco, Till, congratulations for your big translation work!
> > Francisco, may you update the small change in the tutorial (get it with
> > 'make check-translation')?
> >
> Changes in lilypond.tely updated, uncommented the sentence: please
> translate this...

Thanks; I put back the notice in English too.

@samp is a standard Texinfo command.

> Another thing I would mention is that I added a small part in the
> tutorial.itely explaining about the note names and differences
> between German and English usage.

We did the same thing in French tutorial.  In fact it is fully explained
in Basic notation, but in translated docs this issue is important enough
to be discussed in the tutorial IMHO.

> Finally I finished today also working.itely, its attached. I made the
> patches for lilypond/translation, don't mind if you won't be able to
> push them to master before your holiday.

I'm leaving only tomorrow ;-)

>  I thought it better to write
> the release message only when I have at least also the tweaking.itely
> chapter ready so there would be chapters 1-5 fully translated.

I don't think so; the French docs were first announced when only the
tutorial was translated.  You have already done much enough to deserve
an annoucement, even if you might need some more time to polish :-)

Cheers
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>