Re: Request for comments: LilyPond 2.12

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Request for comments: LilyPond 2.12
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:51:18 +0200

Le samedi 25 août 2007 à 20:49 -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :
> Of course, if a translation is almost finished, it would be cool to
> add the last bits, so we can announce "Manual translated in XX", but

...but we may not achieve this before some months: the user manual is
offically translated in Spanish, French and German up to chapter 6 Basic
notation.  This is already a huge work, but chapters 7-8 are even
larger.  Regarding the French team, chapter 7 is being polished and
chapter 8 is being translated; both chapters will be hopefully in master
soon.

Speaking of, what about creating a "Translations status" page, telling
users what chapters are translated and up-to-date?  This page would be
included in documentation and linked from the documentation index.

> However, I'm fine with integrating translations as an ongoing,
> continuous process.

The user manual is quite large and there are few translators, so this is
certainly the best method.

Best,
John