Re: Request for comments: LilyPond 2.12

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Request for comments: LilyPond 2.12
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:00:27 +0300

John Mandereau wrote:
Le samedi 25 août 2007 à 20:49 -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :

Of course, if a translation is almost finished, it would be cool to
add the last bits, so we can announce "Manual translated in XX", but

...but we may not achieve this before some months: the user manual is
offically translated in Spanish, French and German up to chapter 6 Basic
notation.  This is already a huge work, but chapters 7-8 are even
larger.  Regarding the French team, chapter 7 is being polished and
chapter 8 is being translated; both chapters will be hopefully in master
soon.

Speaking for the German translation "team" which so far is only me, I am on chapter 7, but
this may still take some time. I will be able to update everything in September, and maybe
also distribute chapter 7, but more will have to be postponed later autumn.
Speaking of, what about creating a "Translations status" page, telling
users what chapters are translated and up-to-date?  This page would be
included in documentation and linked from the documentation index.

This seems to be a good idea.

Greetings
Till