Re: GDP: read the 2.11 docs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: read the 2.11 docs
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:32:19 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/9/11, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
The idea of a table of comments on the left-hand side of the docs
(whether frames or CSS) is interesting, and I'm not at all opposed to
it.  However, I don't know how we would go about doing this.  If anybody
knows how to do this with texinfo, please discuss.  If not, then my
"ruthlessly practical" side suggests that we drop the discussion.

IIRC, I've seen it working in a CMS I use. It requires including some
sort of ajax.js code.
I can have a look if this is worth considering.

Perhaps I was unclear.  :)

If anybody knows how to do this with TEXINFO, i.e. AUTOMATICALLY generating a NEW table of contents whenever we change the sections in the TEXINFO MANUAL, please discuss.

Valentin, if your laptop issues have been sorted out, I highly recommend that you build the docs locally to see the build process and whatever files are generated. See 1.2.4 in the Program Usage manual.