Re: c:maj inconsistency

From: Erlend Aasland
Subject: Re: c:maj inconsistency
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 11:02:47 +0200

Hmmm, since c:maj is ambiguous, I think it's better to just disallow c:maj without the 7.

On 18. mai. 2008, at 00:43, Graham Percival wrote:
Exerpt from Chords:
---
maj
   The major 7th chord. This modifier adds a raised 7th step. The
7 following maj is optional. Do NOT use this modifier to create a
major triad.
---

In other words,
 \chordmode{ c:maj c:maj7 }
produce the same chord, although
 \chordmode{ c:m c:m7 }
don't.

Why?  IMO, it would be much clearer if
 \chordmode{ c c:maj }
produced the same output.

No, I'm not offering to make this change myself; I'm just seeking
arguments against adding this as a feature request.