RE: c:maj inconsistency

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: c:maj inconsistency
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 03:56:14 -0600

This proposed solution gets a little tricky when we talk about a c:maj9, which
creates a five-note chord with a raised 7th step.

The original documentation said that :maj raises the 7th step *if present*.
Can we get the performance to match that?

Also, I can't see why c:maj is ambiguous as a chord name.  Wouldn't c:maj just
be a c major chord, which is the same as c?

Carl