Re: finished second draft?

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: finished second draft?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:41:00 -0600

On 8/14/08 9:47 AM, "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/8/14 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
>> \new Voice is definitely better here.  This is not
>> a good place to explain \context, but I think it would be good to say a
>> little more about explicitly
>> instantiating voices.  Just a sentence with a ref
>> to that section in the Learning Manual would suffice.
>
> I have showed the "\\" case as a 'simplified method' and tried to
> explain the 'proper way' as the advisable method.
>
> Please, take a quick look to 4cc051551 and tell me if it is understandable:

I've looked at the new change, and I think it's understandable.  Perhaps it
would be clearer if we started with single-staff polyphony with named and
explicitly created voices, along with the \voiceOne through \voiceFour
properties.

We could then introduce the << \\ >> syntax as a simple way to handle music
where we don't care that temporary voices are created and then discarded.

It seems to me to be much easier to go from the full understanding to the
shortcut than the other way around.  But that could be just how I think.

Thanks,

Carl