Re: finished second draft?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: finished second draft?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 01:21:04 +0200

2008/8/14 Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden>:
> I've looked at the new change, and I think it's understandable.  Perhaps it
> would be clearer if we started with single-staff polyphony with named and
> explicitly created voices, along with the \voiceOne through \voiceFour
> properties.
>
> We could then introduce the << \\ >> syntax as a simple way to handle music
> where we don't care that temporary voices are created and then discarded.
>
> It seems to me to be much easier to go from the full understanding to the
> shortcut than the other way around.  But that could be just how I think.

I agree and be sure that I will reorder that section once and again
until it is perfect.

That said, I don't see when could I seriously start working on Vocal
music. I have two choices: a) Reword or reorder the section and leave
Vocal to Trevor or any other GDP hero. b) Leave Simultaneous as is for
2.12 and try to gain some advance on Vocal for myself.

Graham has a nice built-in workload time calculator for these cases ;-)
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org