Re: Harp Pedals?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Harp Pedals?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:21:43 +0200

2008/8/14 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:

> Here's my attempt, which defines a \harp-pedal #"^v-|^--v" markup command
> (plus a version, which takes a list of 1, 0, -1 and #\| - unfortunately that
> version has some caveats as detailled in the .ly file).

Gee, you're fast. I never had a chance to implement this myself and
push it before you; I'm still trying to understand this lambda thing
:-)

I haven't read all the code yet, but I do think you should check if
the fourth character in the entry string is a pipe; that would make
the users more comfortable.

One more possible improvement: if you look well at the jpeg sample
Steve provided us with in the first place, you'll see that the
vertical line is actually at the middle of the horizontal line (hence
my problems with the three left boxes being spaced differently than
the right boxes). I haven't seen (or written) any harp score for a
while, but as far as I can remember the symbol is usually printed this
way (since the pedals are actually kind of symmetric on the actual
instrument).

> Should this be included in git?

Oh, you bet it should! :)

Cheers,