Re: Sad news

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Sad news
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:44:26 +0200

On 2008/08/25 12:25 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> That's really shocking news and quite a blow. My deepest condolences go to
> his
> friends and those of us who knew him well. While I didn't know him in person,
> I appreciate the work he has done for Lilypond.

I'm very sad and schocked too, I can't find better words than you to
express my feelings.

> What's even more shocking is that even on the last day of his life, he did
> two
> commits to lilypond!

Indeed :"(

> How about naming a LilyPond release in his memory? I suppose this would serve
> his memory quite well.

I second this idea too.  In addition to naming 2.12 release "Rune", I
propose to add a mention to his memory in the news item and email
notification of next 2.11 release which includes his accidentals code.

--
John Mandereau