Re: Sad news

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Sad news
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:38:53 -0300

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM, John Mandereau
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> Where would the name be displayed?  On the web site?
>
> Yes, we could include it in the release notes and 2.12.0 news item.

I vote for restricting ourselves to the release notes.

>>   In a new line in the console output?
>
> Good idea, "lilypond --(version|help)" could print
>
>    LilyPond 2.12.x "Rune"
>
> or maybe Rune in parentheses?

I think the manual & website are the right place, as we can express
ourselves better there.  Let's keep the standard GNU format for
--version strings.

>> I like the title page of
>> the docs - there would be room there for a brief obituary too.
>
> We could append the obituary to the dedication, and replace the
> description of the link in the title page "by Jan and Han-Wen" with "in
> memory to Rune Zedeler".

Yes, - I think it's a good time to change that dedication text.