Re: ugly @predefined sections in PDF

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: ugly @predefined sections in PDF
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:56:12 +0200

Trevor Daniels schrieb:
I think it is even ok to insert them everywhere -- we have also @ignore and @end ignore.

I'm not opposed to this in principle, but you'll have
to find someone else to go through all the .itely files
and insert them.  I don't even have enough time at the
moment to complete the really important stuff, like
getting the text correct, and everyone else who was
working on the docs seems to have given up.

Trevor
Is it already the starting Christmas stress? :-( My time is also really limited (and this _is_ starting to be already Christmas stress), so the best at the moment would be a solution where we would add it only to some particular cases and then later on to the rest. After that the defition could also be changed (as proposed further down).

Till

BTW why not this kind of hetherogen solution? It would make it also possible to change the appeareance of those sectioning titles: for the moment they look too much like a real subsubsection, at least in the pdf, so it is difficult to keep track in which section you are at the moment. What if it would just be normal bolded text? The pdf has another issue, though: after a sectioning command the tex engine is clever enough not to set an indent. but the following sections are indended. This looks really odd in some of the lists. For this a defined environment would help: in pdf format, we could set it not to use indent, and switch back to indentation once the environment is over.

greetings
till