Re: Patch for stylesheets

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Patch for stylesheets
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:02:44 +0200

Patrick McCarty schrieb:
I have considered keeping the soft blue for the links, but here are my
two main reasons for changing to the more "pure" blue:

- The current blue (#3465a4) does not pass the WCAG 1.0 against a
white background.  Based on experience, the new blue definitely
increases readability, even though the current "soft blue" might be a
*nicer* color.  Since LilyPond's documentation is so extensive, I
think the increase in readability is a plus.

Yes it's true about readability, but what if there would be stille some blue 'in between'. Maybe it is only my lcd screen?
- With the current soft blue, it is difficult to distinguish *links*
from *black text* if link underlining is turned off in the browser.
Since the new blue is more contrasting with the black text in
div#main, this would no longer be an issue.
what if they would be underlined in the text? One could argue that if the user want's to switch it off he can distinguish also more subtle contrasts...

till
I want to use the softer blue for something else besides text, but I
haven't yet decided where to put it, thus its absence from this patch.

Thanks for your comments,
-Patrick