Re: Overview of copyright issues

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Overview of copyright issues
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 00:14:41 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> ... which I'm sure will NOT hold up in court, so I propose we really end this
> discussion. Please leave the lawyering to the lawyers and lets go back to
> coding.

Please understand the motivation for OPENING this discussion -- not to
debate which license or what license, but to propose a few concrete
things the LP coding team can do to clarify licensing and (perhaps) make
it easier to upgrade the license if that's desired.

I particularly think it would be a good idea to make sure that all files
in the source tree -- code and docs -- have both copyright and licensing
statements in them.

More particularly, does anyone object to me adding a GFDL 1.1 or later
notice to the doc files I have written?

Best wishes,

    -- Joe