Re: [opensuse-contrib] lilypond

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [opensuse-contrib] lilypond
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:49:58 +0100

Le lundi 04 janvier 2010 à 16:11 +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> Yes, that's related.  The openSUSE extended info install check blindly
> gzips everything it finds, including the target of symlinks that do
> not exist.
>
> The symlinks will help emacs find the images, there need be two
>
>    usr/share/info/lilypond --> ../../doc/lilypond/html/Documentation/user
>    usr/share/info/lilypond-snippets --> ../../doc/lilypond/input/lsr
>
> or somesuch.

Yes, these symlinks are supposed to point to the directories of the
installed HTML/PDF documentation tree that contains images; HTML and
Info docs can use the same images, so these symlinks are meant to save
space.

>   I think we used to print a helpful/warning message
> when installing the documentation -- esp. for distributions when
> they install not in /usr but for packaging reasons - but that seems
> to be gone now [John, Graham?]

Why do you think it has gone? I.e., what did you do precisely to tell
this?  AFAICT this should still work.

> Hmm, I don't think you need to install-info these files, all
> necessary headers should be available in lilypond.info,
> lilypond-internals.info and music-glossary.info

The DIR entries are all contained in lilypond.info (source is
Documentation/user/lilypond.tely) and lilypond-snippets.info (source is
input/lsr/lilypond-snippets.tely), so it's necessary and sufficient to
install-info these two files, and copy all .info files as well, just
like 'make install-doc' (after having done 'make doc') does.

Best,
John