Re: [opensuse-contrib] lilypond

From: Dave Plater
Subject: Re: [opensuse-contrib] lilypond
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 22:39:09 +0200

On 01/04/2010 10:08 PM, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le lundi 04 janvier 2010 à 21:00 +0200, Dave Plater a écrit :
>
>> Disregard what I said about building the documentation although it seems
>> to take a long time. The "make web" target no longer exists, I'm trying
>> it out with "make doc", there is a "make WEB_TARGETS=" but I don't think
>> thats what "make web" was.
>>
> 'web' and 'web-install' targets have been renamed to 'doc' and
> 'install-doc', respectively, between 2.10 and 2.12 releases.  You don't
> need overriding WEB_TARGETS.  configure script doesn't check
> documentation build requirements completely, so be sure to know well
> about requirements on
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Requirements
> in particular texinfo.tex, epsf.tex and TeX for building the Texinfo
> manuals in PDF.
>
> Building the documentation is known to be long (e.g. about half an hour
> on a Core 2 Duo @3GHz with 1GB or more of free RAM if you do "make -j3
> CPU_COUNT=3 doc").
>
> If you want to bypass what 'make install-doc' does, you could directly
> package the contents of TOP-BUILD-DIR/out-www/offline-root into what
> what RPM should unpack into /usr/share/doc/lilypond-VERSION/html *and*
> reproduce what install-doc does to install info-doc; for the last item,
> the simplest way is to see the commands issued when invoking 'make
> install-doc' (roughly copying .info files, calling install-info and
> creating the two symlinks to HTML docs images directories).
>
> Thank you again for raising this packaging issue,
> John

Thanks that's the info I need, I use rpmbuild --short-circuit to fine
tune where the files go, I've got a mere celeron E1200 1.6GHz with 1GB
ram and I haven't timed it yet but it seems to take about an hour,
haven't tried parallel jobs yet, I've only got two cores. Once the final
product build in the build service, it won't be so much of a problem.
Regards
Dave P