Re: [opensuse-contrib] lilypond

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [opensuse-contrib] lilypond
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:08:29 +0100

Le lundi 04 janvier 2010 à 21:00 +0200, Dave Plater a écrit :
> Disregard what I said about building the documentation although it seems
> to take a long time. The "make web" target no longer exists, I'm trying
> it out with "make doc", there is a "make WEB_TARGETS=" but I don't think
> thats what "make web" was.

'web' and 'web-install' targets have been renamed to 'doc' and
'install-doc', respectively, between 2.10 and 2.12 releases.  You don't
need overriding WEB_TARGETS.  configure script doesn't check
documentation build requirements completely, so be sure to know well
about requirements on
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Requirements
in particular texinfo.tex, epsf.tex and TeX for building the Texinfo
manuals in PDF.

Building the documentation is known to be long (e.g. about half an hour
on a Core 2 Duo @3GHz with 1GB or more of free RAM if you do "make -j3
CPU_COUNT=3 doc").

If you want to bypass what 'make install-doc' does, you could directly
package the contents of TOP-BUILD-DIR/out-www/offline-root into what
what RPM should unpack into /usr/share/doc/lilypond-VERSION/html *and*
reproduce what install-doc does to install info-doc; for the last item,
the simplest way is to see the commands issued when invoking 'make
install-doc' (roughly copying .info files, calling install-info and
creating the two symlinks to HTML docs images directories).

Thank you again for raising this packaging issue,
John