Baselines from lilypond-book?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Baselines from lilypond-book?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:28:20 +0100

Hi,

when one uses lilypond-book for LaTeX imaging and places music fragments
inline, the baseline of the music fragment is the bottom of the image.
That's a nuisance since the fragments will not line up with anything
sensible in the same line.

Is it possible to have Lilypond pass baseline information (the bottom
staffline would be eminently sensible) to lilypond-book and have
lilypond-book properly pass this to the backends?

While I am interested primarily in PDFLaTeX output, this should be
useful for HTML as well.

The dvipng converter provides output like that and I think that its docs
might mention how to make use of it in HTML (in LaTeX, this is usually
dealt with by the preview.sty package).