Re: GUB buiding from a local source tree?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GUB buiding from a local source tree?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:09:10 +0100

Op donderdag 14-01-2010 om 09:49 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Boris
Shingarov:

> But right now, we are not even there, as even simply building the
> current official head from the main lilypond repository, does not work.
>   It hangs when trying to download from the standard url:

Why do you think that?

> $ make -f lilypond.make lilypond-installers
>

> python bin/gub --platform=linux-64
> 'git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git?branch=master'
> mingw::'git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git?branch=master'
>
> calculating dependencies
>
> cd: 1: can't cd to /home/boris/work/lilypond/gub/gub/downloads/lilypond/git

Yes, these are slightly annoying, possibly we should remove these
warnings.  The LilyPond source tree hasn't been cloned, so on
initial run, you get this.

> ^C

Hmm, impatient, are we? ;-)

It's interesting how you quote this message, but it seems that
you nor anyone else read it?  Look at the command that you assume
to be hanging:

> Tail of log/gub.log >>>>>>>>

>      invoking cd . && git clone --depth 10 --bare
> git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git
> /home/boris/work/lilypond/gub/gub/downloads/lilypond/git

you really should give this some time; if it really hangs
you'll have to debug that yourself, ie firewall, http_proxy.

HTH

Greetings,
Jan.

AvatarĀ®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org