Re: imprecise Taktlinie in german doc (NR)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: imprecise Taktlinie in german doc (NR)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:40:10 +0200

-Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> -Eluze wrote:
>>
>> in
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-big-page.de.html#Bar-numbers
>>
>> , under Ausgewählte Schnipsel the last sentence of the first example says:
>>
>> Im folgenden Beispiel werden die Taktlinien überall ausgegeben:
>>
>> where it should be Taktnummern or Taktzahlen.
>>
>> thx
>>
> personnally i would prefer Taktnummern

Disagree.  And a Google search for both terms shows about a 100:1
preference (and for the latter, about half of the result are from
Lilypond documentation) for the term "Taktzahlen" which is what I am
accustomed to hearing in orchestras and choirs.  "Nummer" is more like a
"set" in musician jargon.

> and another small detail: probably it should be Taktstriche (instead
> of Taktlinien)

Definitely.  Full agreement here.