Re: [Patch] Absolute dynamics as postfix text (issue2220041)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: [Patch] Absolute dynamics as postfix text (issue2220041)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:05:40 +0000

Initial comments, not a complete review.  BTW, these files just say
"upload in progress".  Could you re-upload the patch, maybe after a few
fixes?

scm/define-markup-commands.scm                          scm/font.scm
scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm

http://codereview.appspot.com/2220041/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely
File Documentation/notation/expressive.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2220041/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode483
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:483: the @code{\dynamic}
command.
I'd write simply
---
Custom centered dynamic marks can be created:
---

I know the old version "talked through the code", but I really don't
think it's necessary.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2220041/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode486
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:486: sfzp = \dynamic sfzp
This is really a code comment rather than docs, but since I'm here
anyway...
Could this be
  \dynamic { sfzp }
instead?  I get nervous without the {}.  This may well require a
different modification to the parser.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2220041/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode541
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:541: By default,
@{make-dynamic-script} handles any markup object as
I think you mean: @code{}

This breaks the doc build.  *cough*  <grumpily glances around to make
sure that David isn't looking>you idiot</grumpy>

<fluffy>
I implore you, oh kind and gentle contributor, to check a full build,
from scratch, before proposing a large change.
</fluffy>

http://codereview.appspot.com/2220041/