Re: [Patch] Absolute dynamics as postfix text (issue2220041)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: [Patch] Absolute dynamics as postfix text (issue2220041)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:01:03 +0200

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> What's wrong with the following?
> moltoF = -\myDynamic "molto_f"

Hi Neil,
Duh. Had I thought of that, I might actually not have gone down this road :-)

> OK, so this isn't as clean a solution (and might confuse users who don't
> understand the distinction between parser keywords and music function
> identifiers), but it works fine.  It's good enough for things like
> \tweak and \bendAfter so why make dynamics a special case?

Indeed. However, I think you'll agree with me that it doesn't help
make the input syntax consistent: having to choose between postfix and
prefix notation, dash- or dashless commands, string arguments that
require double quotes, a hash or whatnot.

Such discussions surely can (and will) be delayed until GLISS. Looking
forward to it, actually ;)

In the meantime, I've opened

Valentin