Re: Distributions upgrading to Python 3

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Distributions upgrading to Python 3
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:50:03 +0200

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Patrick McCarty <address@hidden> wrote:
> Arch Linux will be migrating to Python 3 very soon, and I'm trying to
> figure out what to do with regard to LilyPond's build system.  I don't
> know if Arch Linux is the first distribution upgrading to Python 3,
> but this migration will be happening any day now.

Hi Patrick,

I'm not sure if you're subscribed to Arch mailing lists, but it seems
to be causing a bloody mess amongst users and contributors. (I'm not
following Arch's ML, but the same situation is happening on Frugalware
MLs). I *highly* doubt any other distro (especially mainstream
distros, not even Fedora) will consider migrating anytime soon.

Cheers,
Valentin