Re: Distributions upgrading to Python 3

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Distributions upgrading to Python 3
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:17:28 +0200

Il giorno lun, 18/10/2010 alle 09.02 -0700, Patrick McCarty ha scritto:
> Yes, but unfortunately, LilyPond needs special sed treatment, since
> many substitutions are made *after* configure time.  I will need to
> file a bug report...
>
> Specifically, I am looking for a way to make life easier when building
> LilyPond without package management (instead of running a sed script
> over all the python scripts every time I need to use them).
>
> A simple change to stepmake/aclocal.m4 would ease the process, but I
> think I'll keep this as a local patch for a while...

I don't understand the issue; can't you just set PYTHON=python2 when
calling configure, and in case you need some scripts in auxiliar call
them by prepending python2 instead of relying on the shebang?

If you're afraid of forgetting to pass these options, a solution is to
define a couple of bash aliases in an shell environment dedicated for
lily development.

Best,
John