Re: (tuplet . around) causes regtests to fail to compile

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: (tuplet . around) causes regtests to fail to compile
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:32:25 +0200 (CEST)

> The recent "improve positioning of TupletNumber and Slur" patch
> breaks the doc and regtest compile.  I don't understand to
> understand how or why, but it does, so I've reverted that commit.

Umpf.  What a pity.  If you are correct, my tiny, innocent change has
unveiled a more serious bug which should be fixed ASAP...

> Sorry, I don't have an exact error message for you, because somebody
> thought it would be funny to spam tons of "thumb" messages to the
> console during the regtest builds.  I've added an issue for that
> separate problem:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1370

Years ago I've already suggested to change the build system to divert
the output of the compilation of snippets into separate files, this
is, if you compile file `foo.ly', the output of the lilypond command
(together with an exact echo how it has been called, showing all
arguments) should go to `foo.ly.log'.  A complete build of the
lilypond documentation already creates 30000 or more files, so a few
thousand additional log files don't harm.  This should be done for all
snippets, not only the regtest files.

Perhaps it's time to implement this...

> However, I do have the original doc-build error, which would
> presumably be the same problem as the regtest failure: [...]
>
>  c7/lily-4bb72c87.ly

The compilation of this file fails?  Which snippet is that?

    Werner