Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:53:18 +0100

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 01:34:42PM +0200, Jan Warchoł wrote:
> 2011/6/22 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > There are plenty of differences.  If you get the git diff command
> > to work, you'll see.
>
> It still doesn't work. I'm in top source directory, on branch master
> which is up to date (and git diff origin/master shows no differencies)
> and when i call
> git diff origin/dev/gperciva-fixcc origin/dev/gperciva-astyle
> i get the same error:
>
> fatal: ambiguous argument 'origin/dev/gperciva-fixcc': unknown
> revision or path not in the working tree.

Ah wait, are you using lilydev (or did you follow the CG git
instructions)?  If you got the master branch specifically instead
of doing a general git clone, then you won't have those branches.

The simplest way to get them is to do a git clone.  There's a way
to add specific branches to your existing git tree, so if you feel
like hunting around through git docs and blogs and stuff, I'm sure
you can find it there.  Actually, I vaguely recall that there's
something in the CG about adding branches... in the old days, we
had web/ on a separate branch, so we needed instructions about
that.

I suppose we should update the CG git instructions to use git
clone rather than the master-branch-only method.