Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle and/or emacs (issue4662074)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle and/or emacs (issue4662074)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 13:08:01 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2011, 12:47:23 schrieb Jan Nieuwenhuizen:
> Graham Percival writes:
> > I was interpreting "GNU code" to mean "code which strictly follows the
> > GNU guidelines".
>
> I do not see the difference: we try to do that, of course.

Okay, true. We are strictly following the GNU guidelines ;-) :

"We don’t think of these recommendations as requirements, because it causes no
problems for users if two different programs have different formatting styles.

But whatever style you use, please use it consistently, since a mixture of
styles within one program tends to look ugly. If you are contributing changes
to an existing program, please follow the style of that program.
"

So, basically, it all boils down again to choosing our own style of the
code... We are currently trying to do that.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886