Re: Music functions with pitch and duration arguments (was: Creates a gl

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Music functions with pitch and duration arguments (was: Creates a glissando stem grob that uses stems' functionality. (issue4777044))
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:57:16 -0300

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Anyway, this is not particularly complex either.  Could possibly pave
> the way for a nicer function for setting up strings for tabulatures.
> Also stuff like \transpose can be implemented by users with a
> straightforward syntax accepting just pitches where pitches are asked
> for, without the user needing to disassemble music in order to get at
> the pitch somewhere in the center of the mess.

It would be awesome to implement \transpose (and relative, for that
matter) as a music function.

> What do people think?  I've not yet bothered with markup, though things
> like \note would be better off taking a duration argument rather than an
> integer.

The patch looks neat. I don't see any obvious problems, but are you
sure it compiles? It seems to be missing the init for the _proc
variables you added, though.

Can you use ly_lily_module_constant?  It memoizes, so it is efficient.