Re: First pass at avoiding very high slurs (fixes issue 163). (issue4817

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: First pass at avoiding very high slurs (fixes issue 163). (issue4817048)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 05:39:55 +0000

I don't mind if we have another obscure entry in the detail list
currently.  If your patches fixes the problem reliably, this would be a
great immediate help.

IMHO, at some point in the hopefully not too distant future, the whole
handling of slurs and ties must be re-examined to make it more
user-friendly and robust, and to improve its shapes, both on the macro
and micro level. Additionally, due to the very graphical nature of the
problem, it deserves a texinfo-like documentation (with many, many
images), to be generated from the corresponding comments in the source
code files.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4817048/