Re: First pass at avoiding very high slurs (fixes issue 163). (issue4817

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: First pass at avoiding very high slurs (fixes issue 163). (issue4817048)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 07:37:43 +0000

On 2011/07/24 13:50:53, MikeSol wrote:
New patchset uploaded with minor tweaks.
I still need to think about a better way to implement the change in
score_edges.
  The idea is that if there is a large jump right at the beginning or
end of the
stem, we should favor attachments points that are closer to the
Y-position of
the second note-column and not the first.  Currently, my code is too
extreme: it
pulls certain attachment points up too high (I'm thinking of
slur-rest.ly).

Hey all,

I was able to get rid of the change in score_edges with another
parameter.
I think this does the trick and fixes every example in issue 163 save
the one in comment 4 from Werner.  I'm not sure if this example is
undesirable - on IMSLP there are a few Brahms intermezzi (op. 118 119)
that make comparable engraving decisions.

Three regtests are added with relatively extreme situations that now
behave nicely.

Cheers,
MS

http://codereview.appspot.com/4817048/