Re: parser.yy: rearrange to allow more lenient use of music arguments fo

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: parser.yy: rearrange to allow more lenient use of music arguments for music functions. (issue4815052)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:40:46 +0200

Am Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 12:24:43 schrieb address@hidden:
> On 2011/07/29 08:55:24, Reinhold wrote:
> > Can you give some explicit examples that your patch now allows that
> > didn't work before (preferrably as a regtest, so we notice when a future
> > parser change breaks it)?
>
> Well, one could now move a few things like \relative and \transpose into
> music functions (and Scheme-callable functions for the hard work, for
> efficiency's sake).
>
> That would be a quite reliable regtest...

Actually, I think we should add a really simple test case to the regtests,
like your example of \staffposition-at d' below.

> \tweak still works just the same.  But you could, for example, write
> something like
> \staffposition-at d'
> that resulted in a tweak of the next element to have it land in the
> position of a d'.

Can you turn that "could" into real lilypond code in a regtest, so that (1) we
have a simple test case to check whether future parser changes affect this and
(2) people like me, who easier understand things by examples, see what this
patch achieves?

Quite often, I have found that trying to create a very simple regtest, I found
several problems in my patches, because when thinking theoretically I might
have missed how people would actually use the features.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886