Re: Ends of barlines are hidden in staff lines. (issue4809057)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Ends of barlines are hidden in staff lines. (issue4809057)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:43:11 -0300

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 2:15 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Reviewers: hanwenn,
>
> Message:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-07/msg01051.html

>> You can make the problem disappear by
>
>> - hard coding the output to a certain resolution
>> - making the bar go to the middle of the staffline,
>>   rather than the outside.
>
>> both have disadvantages.
>
> This patch does the second thing.  What disadvantages do you see besides
> what happens when barline and staff have different colors?

I was worried that the left/right corners of the point where the
barline meets the outer staff line would start to look like this

****
****
*******
*******
*******

(right upper corner)

then again, if the barline is horizontally aligned, it may not be a
problem. I think the problem may still occur if you stop/start staves
half-way the page, but we may decide it's not important enough.

you can check for unexpected artifacts by blowing up both staffline
thickess and the barline thickness.