Re: Ends of barlines are hidden in staff lines. (issue4809057)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Ends of barlines are hidden in staff lines. (issue4809057)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 21:35:58 +0000

On 2011/07/30 16:15:39, c_sorensen_byu.edu wrote:

I think that the stop/start staves is currently exactly what it should
do.
It stops the staff at a location, and starts the staff at the same
location.
It reflects the commands that have been issued.  If the staff is
continuous,
there is no indication that the staff has been stopped and started.

Thanks,

Carl

Err..why does there need to be an indication?

The 'LP code' indicates it, I'm trying to think of a musical reason why
this matters. Are we just splitting hairs here?

1) If squaring up the lines helps and resolves more fundamental issues
why do we care if I can't tell the difference when I've issued a stop
and start immediately one after the other?

2) Even if I did have a 'gap' between the lines why does it matter if
they are rounded?

I don't see your point Carl.

James

http://codereview.appspot.com/4809057/